Friday 28 June 2013

The Best Time with Pembrokeshire Tourism - By Helen Williams

Yesterday I spent more time than I should have done signing up new member Doug MacLeod at Tregwynt Mansion. He gave me a tour of the cottages and house including the stunning ballroom! We batted marketing ideas back and forth over numerous black coffees having swapped tales of what brought us to West Wales in the first place. The "sign up" felt like a formality rather than the "close" of a sale.

After seeing Doug I dropped in on Amanda and Eifion at Melin Tregwynt for a quick chat. They were recovering from what sounded like a very successful Fish Week event (their first) at which they hosted 150 people, many of them local, for a barbeque. Whilst I wouldn't begin to assume to advise on marketing here (!), I was able to have a chat about issues such as Trip Advisor's foibles and get Louise, one of their staff member's, email address to ensure she knows about training in the future and advise her of the forthcoming social networking 1-2-1's which will help in her promotion of the Mill & Cafe's Facebook page. 

Yesterday was a perfect example of my ideal calls with Pembrokeshire Tourism, and wasn't unique in the friendly reception I received, our joint enthusiasm for the county and the knowledge that what we at PT are doing really counts for both new and established members.

It's this kind of day that I'll really miss when I leave Pembrokeshire Tourism at the end of July. After nearly 6 years here, I'm going to be working with St Clears and Whitland Town Councils - which are much closer to home for me - to help co-ordinate and develop events in the district. The drive from Meidrim to Pembroke or around Pembrokeshire has finally become too long and I'm looking forward to the 3-8 mile commute!

I shall miss the gang in the office of course, as well as the friends I've made round the county but hope I shall stay in touch with many of you and certainly am looking forward to seeing more of Pembrokeshire at the weekends when the drive won't feel like such a chore after a week of doing it!
So, for now (at least in 3 weeks' time) the most appropriate sign off is with a photo of my future relationship with Pembrokeshire, and given it's Fish Week, to quote Douglas Adam's dolphins and say......"So Long, and Thanks for all the fish"..........


No comments:

Post a Comment